This is a workshop designed to provide the basic know how in maintaining a cycle. It will be relevant to all kinds of cycles which makes it ideal if you may be lucky enough to own a number of cycles.
It will be taught by a Cytech qualified mechanic and cycle coach who has many years of experience.
An outline of the course content is as follows:
Anatomy of a Cycle:
• Understand the key components of a typical cycle
• Understand the difference between wheel types
• Understand the difference between a sealed cartridge hub and a cup and cone hub and how to service
• Appreciation of axle standards
• Understanding of cassette fitment
• Be able to change a tyre and fix a puncture
• Understand the difference between rim brakes and disc brakes
• Be able to change a brake cable and adjust rim brakes.
• Have an appreciation of how to change pads on disc brakes
• Have an appreciation of DOT fluid vs mineral oil for disc brakes
Gears & Drivetrain:
• Have an appreciation of electronic vs cable operated gears
• Have an appreciation of how to change gear cables and how to set gears up - indexing. Including B tension screw and high and low adjustment screws
• Understand the difference in cycle chains and how to split and re-join a chain.
• Have an appreciation of bottom bracket types and how they are installed
Handlebars & Cockpit:
• Have an appreciation of how the brakes and gears should be positioned on a handlebar (more specific to a MTB)
Cleaning & Lubrication of a Bike:
• Understand the recommended method for cleaning a bike
• Understand which lubricant to use and when (grease/ anti-seize/ fibergrip/ Loctite/ oil)
• Have an appreciation of the various types of suspension forks and rear shocks and how they should be set up and maintained
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Basic Bicycle Maintenance Workshop are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!