Do you work with young people in Lanarkshire or have an interest in promoting equality for young people in their education, career choices, relationships or wellbeing?
Our Smashing Stereotypes event is for you!
• This free event is aimed at young people (16-24yrs) and individuals/groups who work with young people in a range of capacities from voluntary and statutory sector (health, education, sport, wellbeing).
• The interactive displays and workshops will highlight current research about gender stereotyping (harmful effects, links to gender based violence), and provide an opportunity to engage with the material, interact with peers and representatives from different sectors
• For young people: the chance to join STAMP and get involved in your school/university/community in challenging harmful gender stereotypes
• For those working in youth or education settings there will be opportunities to find out how you can support the Young People you work with to get involved in activism in challenging harmful gender stereotypes and reducing barriers to achieving their full potential
• Free lunch and refreshments
• Young people will have their travel costs reimbursed
• Event is funded by the Rosa Fund
• Speak to our Sexual Violence Prevention Worker who delivers a national programme of prevention sessions in schools across Lanarkshire
STAMP (Stamp out Media Patriarchy) is a project which aims to tackle gender stereotyping in the media and encourage more positive use of the media amongst young people. STAMP is funded by Young Start National Lottery Community Fund (which exists to help children and young people across Scotland become more confident, so they can realise their own potential) and STAMP is managed and supported by Lanarkshire Rape Crisis Centre.
Register for the event here: www.eventbrite.co.uk
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Smashing Stereotypes! Inspiring Young People in Gender Equality are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!